Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Looking for the Silver Lining...

Do you ever just have one of those days? You know the one’s….{insert self pity mode her}….where you feel like you are doing nothing but changing diapers, wiping noses and what knots, fixing breakfast, cleaning up after breakfast, low and behold it’s snack time, then lunch time, wanting to take a nap so bad you are willing to sleep in front of the kids door so that they don’t escape, but you can’t or you won’t sleep tonight or get anything else done today (feel free to insert anything else in this list like not answer the phone so you can finish your project, if my boss yells at me one more time and so forth – I have been there as well.…) Well, I am having one of those days! Oh yes, I forgot to mention, while having this particular bad day, I accidentally (I say accidentally, because it should have been put away) ran into a toy yesterday and tore off my entire big toe nail on my left foot, so it’s throbbing.

Just when I thought I wasn’t going to make it and may have to step outside and scream (you know blow off some steam)…. I look down at our little boy’s face (as I am literraly grabbing the door lock to unlock the door) and he knew it… he knew I was having one of those days…and he says to me….”You’re my best friend mommy”.

Ahhhhhhh, I love it that I am still mommy. That just made everything better.

So I decided to find a silver lining in today’s events and moods:

1. It’s not Monday and we have made it ½ way through the week.
2. I have a best friend and he is really cool.
3. We made it through breakfast, snack, lunch, and snack, so there is no going back.
4. By the time my entire toe nail grows back, it will be flip flop season again and I am going for a pedicure.

So, I guess what I am really trying to say is…there really is some kind of silver lining in everyday (some days it just may be that you woke up that day)…it just may be the thought of not making breakfast, not changing anyone, your boss accidentally choking on her drink while at an important function making a fool of herself, or the phone lines going out so you really do get some peace and quite to get your project done, or simple little things like one of your favorite little people thinking that you do really rate as Number One. Find that silver lining in today, make a list, and sleep on it. It’s bound to get better.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Your number 4 made me laugh out loud. ;) Hope tomorrow's better..

KT said...

you are cracking me up! Today I bought Sophie a balloon and got me some Hershey's special dark chocolate to make it through the day.
kj