Monday, April 30, 2007
Saturday, April 28, 2007
I have been ‘tagged’ by a friend who reads our blog. I‘m supposed to come up with 7 weird things about myself and then tag 7 friends. I thought it would be more fun to ask Robb to make the list for me….here is what he came up with:
1. I can’t have my food touch the other foods – this is so true. Even though I am 30 something…the very first thing I do if I didn’t plate my own food is take my fork and separate all the different items. Now, there are some rules to these…mashed potatoes, corn, and macaroni and cheese can touch, but I still separate them and mix them up later. If syrup or dressing or something of the sorts hits the non-syruped or dressed item, I don’t eat it.
2. I like ice in ALL of my drinks. This one is funny. I do like ice, not just some ice, ungodly amounts of ice. More ice than drink….then I drink it all. If there is no ice, more than likely the cup will not be emptied.
3. I only eat one item at a time until it’s gone and then I go on to the next. OMG – can you tell there is a pattern here…I wonder if he was hungry at the time of questioning?
4. When I stay in a hotel, my bare feet can not touch the floor. I must wear flip-flops at all time. This is a true one; I have a pair that are in my closet and are packed every time I travel that I call my “hotel slippers”.
5. I have this weird sense of ‘naming or making up names for just about everything’ (hence the above comment). This one I didn’t get too much, until he rattled off a lot of them. For instance, we have newer neighbors (well they have been here for a year, but we hated seeing our old ones move away, so they are new to us). They are just WEIRD. They never, ever, come out and when they do….it’s like they are on crack or something and they try to get in 800 words from the time they open their garage door to the time they get into their cars….so I call them the ‘talkalots’. I say as though it’s their last name, so Jacob thinks they are Mr. and Mrs. Talkalot.
6. I hate to talk on the phone. This one is a funny one; because if anyone of you know me…I can talk to a stop sign and talk for hours about nothing. I love to chat pretty much about anything, everything, and absolutely nothing…so not liking the phone is weird to Robb. Here is my thing….because I am like this; I rarely can have a phone conversation with out being less than 30 minutes. I have stuff to do, I know the people have stuff to do and it’s just a complete waste of time. Therefore, I hate the phone. I send e-mails to communicate or meet you for lunch, coffee; have you over and what not. That way I know you will respond when and if you want, and if we are face to face, we can carry on like we haven’t seen each other in years.
7. Last but not least, I have this crazy urge to make sure everything is straight, organized and put away before we move onto the next task. Again, all true…I make my family crazy. Funny thing to me is, I don’t ask them to do it, I don’t complain about my obsession, nor do I hold them up from me doing it. Some would say I have an OCD when it comes to the order of things. I would like to say in my defense……..They are probably correct!
Look out - you could get tagged.
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Then while bathing Isabella in the kitchen sink so that I can keep an eye on Jacob while playing the back yard...here is what happened 5 minutes later.