Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Random thoughts swimming in my head while in the shower...

I do my best thinking while in the shower. It’s weird, I know. One because it’s the shower – early in the morning and frankly to early to even be thinking. Secondly, it’s only about 15 minutes out of a 1,440 minute day, so it isn’t to much thinking at all. Then I will let you in a little secret, there are some days that I don’t even get a shower in. I often wished I had someone to scribe what I am thinking in my head because occasionally I do have some light bulb moments. Even weirder I know, having someone in the shower with me scribing what’s in my head.

Before Christmas I was telling Robb how I would love to have (3) new journals. His first question was, ‘why 3?’. One of which I can write all the light bulb moments down or just the occasional good thought, random thought or dream. I suppose to just reflect upon someday when I find my youth missing (yes, I plan to live to be 150, so my friends I am young). The other two journals to use one for each child and just to write funny things they say, stories about each of them, and maybe even the occasional advice. Then Robb, in his wisdom ways says, ‘isn’t that what the blog is for’. Of course it is, not just a means to catch up family, but a means to just blab. Blab anything, say most anything, and just get it out of my head. Then again, often times you may not want to know exactly what I am thinking – but if that’s the case, I realize that you happened upon our blog at your own free will. I always wondered about people who read other blogs and then comment on them as if they were saying, ‘can you believe so and so said….xyz’ and then they continue to keep reading so and so blog. So you may have opinions, thoughts, and just plane sick of us….if that’s the case, click on the “x’ on the top right of your screen. Should take care of anything you are feeling towards this blog.

To wrap this up, I guess if you can hang onto the occasional gripe session of the people checking me out somewhere or the drivers on the road and an occasional thought in the shower, I will keep my attempt to also keeping you updated on our piece of the world, who is in it, how we are doing in it, and what we are doing to make it better.

None of these thoughts today that you are about to read amount to anything or really make any sense, but sometimes you just have to write them down.

Today – regardless of our own political views….I AM PROUD OF AMERICA! Are you? It’s just right; our new leader couldn’t be more welcomed, and it’s in the air. Change isn’t coming, it’s here and now it’s time do our part. It’s a new World – feel the vibrations, and I am glad to be here.

This day as a hole, is good, good for our families, a new opportunity to serve, and just an absolute thrill to want more, do better, and most importantly be better.

Today and going forward the possibilities are endless….go out and find them, make them, and do them. ‘We have come, we have prevailed, and it’s our decision now’. It’s a brand new day, a brand new us.

So, I am thinking of you today while you are watching this magnificent change happening in the air, on the television, standing in your kitchens, driving in your cars, and getting ready for this day…..the new day of CHANGE.

1 comment:

Christina said...

OMG! I always do my best thinking in the shower too! I think it's also because it's usually the only 15 minutes I'm actually by myself. And you are absolutely right. This is your blog and if people that are reading it don't like what your writing, then it's their own fault. I had to come to that realization not too long ago as well. Good to see you blogging so much!