Thursday, January 15, 2009

It is FREAKIN cold outside....

Whew - I can't remember the last time it's been since I have been this cold.

It's so cold....(well, you get the idea)....(or can finish my sentence)....

Not much going on here. Just attempting to get back to routine. Last week everyone started back to work and school and did great. However, isn't this week the longest week.......EVER??????????? Well, that's at least how I feel. It think maybe I was on a high from all of Christmas being put away, and every one's routine getting back to normal last week, that this week I am dragging, by days end, I am exhausted. I am guessing that means I put in a good days worth of work.

Hmmmmmm - what's up at our house......well let me see. Robb is working hard at work (as usual). I am pretending to unpack boxes (yes, STILL), and decorate our home, meanwhile I am just handing a box to anyone and everyone that comes over. I figure by Easter we will have no more boxes - then I am done unpacking - right?

Isabella is doing great. She is our Social Butterfly in the house. In the past month and 1/2 she has been invited to no less than 5 parties and 3 or 4 play dates, I forget. She is working hard in one of her dance classes to perform for Chinese New Year at our local art gallery. Then in another dance class she is working equally as hard since the end of the season in May she will do a ballet number and a tap number on stage for us all to see. She is loving school and seems to like the boys the best. At least that is the names she calls out as we are entering and exiting the building. I am already warning Robb as I sure he will the be the shot gun at the door kind of dad time comes for dating.

Jacob received his first report card and got all S's (satisfactory) in every category. He has learned so much in his first semester of Kindergarten. To boot, he likes it, he is making some really nice friends, and even enjoys his teacher. In gymnastics he is working hard at climbing the rope (1/2 way to the top), and can almost swing completely over on the rings. A few weeks ago he tested for a higher belt in Karate. He had to go into the room with out us and test with only his peers and judges. We didn't find out any results until this week at their exhibition and ceremony. He is now the proud owner of a yellow belt. His Sense (the instructor - whom we love), even did a demonstration himself for all the kids. He broke boards, with his hand, elbow, foot and even his head. He then let all the younger students have a piece of the wood to take home and he signed it for them. Jacob was more proud of this block of wood than anything he has ever gotten. He told me on the way home, "mom this is so cool - it's like a real trophy - I am going to hang it in my room on the wall". I loved it.

Other than that, we are trying to survive this FREAKIN cold and waiting for Spring. Bring it on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He looks soooo old in his karate uniform!!! gina