Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Watch and Learn my Friends....watch and learn...



This morning, I softly opened your door
Reluctant to rouse you from sleep
Your blond hair all tousled from a little boy's dream
And your body curled up in heap.

My mind reached back into time
To a little blue bundle cuddled up in my arms
And gentle hints of nursery rhyme.

Was it not a mere yesterday
That you were learning how to walk
And I know that it was just last week
We were teaching you to talk.

But somehow, I managed to waken you
To your breakfast waiting there
You dressed your self in your finest clothes
And you carefully combed your hair.

Oh little boy, I love you so
And I felt like such a fool
To be so hesitant to let go of you
On your very first day of school.

Author: Unknown




Today Marks the very first day of Kindergarten for Jacob. I am going to keep this short....as I can sum it up in as little as 7 words......

After Jacob got all ready this morning, including picking out his own clothes, dressing himself, eating breakfast for brain power, brushing and flossing his teeth, picking out shoes that make him run faster, and putting gel in his hair because it will make him look cool to the big kids, he put on his back pack and announced to all:

"Watch and Learn My Friends, watch and learn". Then he headed out the door to catch the bus.

It was priceless and there are very few times in life I am speechless and this was one of them.

Day 1 - SUCCESS!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

TOO cute for words---
Jacob is adorable!!


Kathryn
http://ilovethemmoreeveryday.blogspot.com/

Christina said...

Oh my word! That is just way too priceless!

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!!! How did it go? He looks so excited. We started and then Fay has stopped us. Its still raining and no school again tomorrow :( gina

KT said...

Oh My, that is sooooo cute! I can't stand it, i am literally LOL right now!