Friday, August 08, 2008

It's time...It's time...It's time!



Oh my, oh my, oh my.......we can't wait until 6:30c time tonight....our tushes will be planted in front of the television (probably the only time you will see me write that comment), taking our breathes away watching the opening ceremonies. CAN NOT WAIT! In fact, I already have the local Chinese food menu sitting on the table for review. Have fun, cheering on your favorite countries and athletes.

Jacob has survived his tonsil removal remarkably. In fact, we keep commenting on if we hadn't seen them, we wouldn't be to sure that they took them out. It's been tough attempting to keep him calm this week. I am a believer of when the kids aren't feeling well, let them call the shots as to the activities they chose to do and what to eat, and he has chosen to do anything and everything and the eating has not stopped. In fact, maybe since he can breathe better and possibly swallow better he is enjoying his food much better. We also have been busy gearing up for school. I can't believe Kindergarten! WOW! It's been an unbelievable fast 5 years for Jacob. I think maybe he is getting a bit nervous and he keeps telling me he isn't going. He keeps telling me that 'preschool is more funner and that he wants to go back there, because in Kindergarten you have to work and he isn't ready to go to work'. I just tell him, you never are and it's the law. No seriously, we talk about it and all his new friends, recess, lunch time, and all the fun things he will be learning. I even made a date with him to come visit him and have lunch the first day Isabella goes to school. I hope that works for now. We decided to not to many activities this fall for Jacob since school and moving is going to be an adjustment. So, in September he has decided to start Karate again. I can't wait and hope he enjoys it this time. Some how I think he will be karate chopping everything in site.

Isabella is doing great. She is excited about pre-school and thinks all her same friends will be in her class. I haven't suggested otherwise. I am not that crazy! We enrolled her in a small dance class at the community center for the end of the summer to see if she enjoys it well enough to continue on at a dance school. Well, she enjoys it. She is all over the place, not paying attention, there to see her friend, and adds words to the song they are learning. That being said, she loves it. So she is enrolled in gymnastics and dance this fall. I am not sure they will keep her in the class since she really does dance to her own drummer, but we are going to try. She is talking more and more lately, and even tells on her big brother. Last night she told me she likes Jazz music and Princesses, so that is where her dreams lie at night. I want to be 3 again.

On the house front. It's coming along. No pictures of the house (keep forgetting the camera when we go), but our apartment is filled with samples, books, catalogs, and a wish list a mile long (possibly a map of the banks we plan to rob). We are meeting with vendors whenever possible and I am enjoying the process every step of the way. Robb on the other hand, well a lot of choices makes him nervous and I just keep seeing him wipe his brow when it comes to money (maybe even a few more grey hairs). Below is a photo of just a few of the samples that have taken over our pad (I noticed a lot of neutral colors - I am trying not to do that - off to make changes). In fact the kids have started using them as toys, they make great tunnels. So, this weekend...plans to get lights and light planned done, meet with the cabinet guy, and get our appliances completed. That is ambitious for us (since we have limited sitter time and the stores aren't open on Sunday), but I do hope it happens or I am on my own next week as Robb is leaving town for work....does that also mean 'carte blanche' next week?

No comments: