Monday, October 27, 2008

Gettin' closer to the finish line.....

A photo pictorial of what's been going on here:


Tile is done.



Stairs and cabinets are stained. Floor stain starts this week.



Lights are in. So now we don't have to rush over and get a look at the day's progress before it gets dark.


Started the rock and painting of the exterior on Saturday. These guys are fast. I bet they are done today. WOW!


This is just a small not finished version of what Robb refer's to as his 'Man Cave' (aka the Dog House by me). We are finishing the basement on this house, so Robb has had to put on his Interior Design Hat and has designed most of this area himself. Looking good honey.

One last thing.....interior painting - DONE - and friends, let's just say....if you don't like color...you won't like it. In paint alone, there are 7 different colors and let's just say, some came out brighter than expected (if you know me, I sampled them all and then some (I think about 14 - gotta love the sample quarts), but I sampled flat paint in small areas, not eggshell in larger ares). We had to visit it a couple times and vision our things in the house - but WE LOVE IT! Jacob's loves his NEON green room so much he asked for his closet to be repainted from white to green. We kept it white. Isabella, loves her pink room so much that if you stop by the house, she will grab your finger and take you to her room and tell you, 'look, it's pink - my favorite'.

Other than that, we are just busy living life, attending school, working, thinking of moving and the logistics, making plans for Halloween, and taking a bit of time to play. Have a great Halloween and I will post photos this weekend of the kids and their costumes. We have been invited to some old neighbors of ours that moved to trick or treat, then onto a small gathering at some other friends, to sort through the goods and eat until we pass out. Halloween on a Friday this year, is a lot of fun. Not to mention, it's also a NO school day. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

It's looking soooooooo GREAT!
WOW -- love the stain of the wood on the stair railing -- so pretty!!!

I'm excited to see more of the inside when it's all done !!

:)

Heather BT said...

Not sure if I've posted here or not before But I've been lurking for a couple years I think. We're re-painting our house right now and I think we may have a few colors in common - love them! Our house was painted sell it quick neutral and we moved in and it was okay, but now - I love Love Love the colors. I'll have to post pictures myself once it's done. Glad it's all coming together for you.
Heather BT
http://adoptakid.blogspot.com

Christina said...

It's all looking so beautiful! Can't wait to see pics of the bedroom colors.

KT said...

Wow! it is really coming together, know you can't wait to get all settled in!