Thursday, May 08, 2008

Keepin' Busy....

Seems like I am always saying that we are busy...I guess that is life and what we live for. I am sure most people are busy, it's what keeps us going. Right?

Well, since our last post...we have been going - going - gone.

I got to get away for a weekend....and spend a wonderful weekend with 18 lovely ladies scrapbooking. It was perfect. OMG - it was great. We spent the 50 wonderful hours at a bed and breakfast and it was just the girls. We got to get a little creative, stayed up late, watched movies, and had the most incredible food prepared for us by the lovely divine Mrs. Pat. Best part, no drama, no problems, and all very nice ladies. Girls...if you are reading this, I look forward to our next adventure.

(no photos - having to much fun to stop and take a picture)

Then Jacob turned 5 this past month. Doesn't seem like it. My time goes fast and he is growing up. He is such a great kid. He is so much fun, full of heart, and enjoys doing most anything outside. He continues to amaze me with the amount of knowledge that he takes in. Grandma came to town for a visit and we had 4 days filled with non-stop fun with family, friends, and a big pirate party. We were exhausted the week that followed.





We have a hole in the ground for our house. That is exciting news to us. In fact, we went over...had a small ground breaking ceremony, toasted to the future, warded off any bad karma, and dug a hole with a gold painted shovel. It's the same shovel we used on our last house that we broke ground. We figured we loved that house and have such fond memories, we wanted to carry it forward. Friends and family joined us and then we took a nice walk to the park followed the night with ice cream. Doesn't get much better than that on mid-week on the Spring here.



Jacob also started soccer. It's amazing to watch him grow and actually make friends. Robb is the coach on his team and Isabella and I went this week to practice. Turns out, Robb is a great coach. I had three parents come up to me and tell me how great he is with the kids. Way to go honey. I was so impressed.



Now I haven't forgot about Isabella. In fact, she is doing great. She is communicating more, learning more everyday...she is just at a point that she won't sit still long enough or just plain won't let me take her picture. Here is my attempt.



Other than that, not much going on here. We have made our summer plans and are ready: Watch house be built, Jacob is going to finish soccer, start T-ball, attend Kindergarten summer school, and do gymnastics. Isabella is in year round gymnastics and begins tap and ballet in July.

No comments: